Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Have to...

I am really really lazy these days. This heat kills me... I would love to be at the sea and make some more holidays. But I have lamented enough. There is a big birthday this month: my niece is getting 18!

Ich bin zur Zeit echt richtig faul. Diese Hitze bring mich noch um... Ich wäre so gern am Meer und hätte noch ein wenig Urlaub. Aber genug gejammert! In Kürze gibt es eine großen Geburtstag: meine Nichte wird 18!


My two bees helped me to sew the blocks for her birthday quilt. The Bee Germany got fabrics from my stash, sorry, I mean, from the fabrics I bought for this quilt and thought this is going to be a 3 x 3 m quilt. There is lots of fabrics left over all in grey and pink. We will see, what I am going to do with these fabrics some time. AND the MoStashBee made me the same blocks with their own fabrics in the same colorway. I think, this will correlate perfectly. I have 16 days left to piece the blocks together and quilt it, while working and heat and my current laziness. So let´s get started :)

Meine beiden Bees haben geholfen, die Blöcke zu nähen. Die Bee Germany hat von mir Stoffe bekommen, die ich in viel zu großer Menge gekauft habe, als ob ich einen Riesenquilt machen wollte. Mal sehen, was ich mit den ganzen restlichen Stoffen in grau und rosa so anstelle. Und die Mitstreiterinnen der MoStashBee haben mit ihren eigenen Stoffen die gleichen Blöcke genäht. Ich denke, dass ist die perfekte Ergänzung. Mir bleiben noch 16 Tage, um die Blöcke zusammen zu nähen und das ganze zu quilten, während ich voll arbeite und diese Hitze auf mein Hirn brennt und ich gerade wie schon gesagt sehr faul bin. Na dann, auf geht´s :)


Linked this up with WIP Wednesday, Creadienstag, Fabric Tuesday and A Lovely Year of Finishes where I just won some Aurofil Thread, isn't this cool? :)

Habe den Post verlinkt mit WIP Wednesday, Creadienstag, Fabric Tuesday und A Lovely Year of Finishes, wo ich gerade Nähgarn von Aurofil gewonnen habe, cool, oder? :)

Thank´s for stopping by... / Danke für´s Vorbeischauen...

Aylin...

20 comments:

  1. This is such a stunning project, I hope you will set up lots of fans to beat the heat and enjoy working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naja faul. Was soll ich da sagen. Mein allererstes Quiltprojekt zieht sich auch wie Kaugummi. Aber wie du schon sagtest nicht jammern sondern weitermachen bzw. Let's go quilt! LG bjmonitas

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAlso - Du und faul - ha! Ich bin immer wieder sprachlos, was Du alles schaffst!
    Der Quilt wird schön - und 16 Tage reichen Dir :) Und Glückwunsch - das Garn hätte ich auch gern gewonnen - grins...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, was für eine tolle Decke! Da wird sich deine Nichte aber freuen.

    LG
    Petronella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Decke wird wunderschön! Ein traumhaftes Geschenk!
    LG Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Step by Step, Stich für Stich, das wird schon.
    LG Ute

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is going to be such a wonderful present. Hope things cool down for you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - your niece is going to love this quilt! Hope you get some cooler weather soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty! This quilt is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I really love that quilt design! I just attempted my first curves block, I'd love to try something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes no whinging allowed with this beauty! Gorgeous quilt and such a pretty not too girly colour scheme! Just right for an 18!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous quilt Aylin I am sure your niece will enjoy it. Thanks for sharing......Marie (mlismore@optsunet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's looking great! The contrast of the pinks/reds against the blacks/greys works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous! I love the pink and those different shades of grey together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your niece is going to love it . It's a beautiful modern quilt .

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful quilt! I could use some cooler air, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man it's hot here too. Ugh!

    Pretty work. Your niece will love it! So creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comment!
Dein Kommentar freut mich ungemein!

I will answer every comment via E-Mail. If you are a No-Reply-Blogger it will not work always :)
Ich werde jeden Kommentar via e-mail beantworten! Bei No-Reply Bloggern wird es manchmal schwierig mit dem Antworten :)