Monday, July 1, 2013

Letters meet AMH-Quilt

I was busy last week with lots of things except sewing.... So I got in the mood again yesterday morning. By an accident my daughter saw the photo of the letters on my I-pad and all my surprise was ruined. Well, I try to see the good in it so she can help to decide how the back should look. AND I am really happy about seeing her smile about the text for the quilt. My girl is kind of me - very impatient. Mum, can you finish this for London?, she asked me. That is a bit ambitious, but it would be cool to have this done. So I try my best.

Ich war die letzte Woche sehr beschäftigt mit Dingen, die nichts mit Nähen zu tun hatten... Und gestern früh war ich dann in Nähstimmung... Leider hat meine Tochter duch einen dummen Zufall die Bilder mit den Buchstaben auf meinem I-Pad entdeckt und meine Überraschung ist nun dahin. Naja, ich versuch mal das Gute darin zu sehen: Sie strahlte über den Text, der auf dem Quilt stehen wird und nun kann sie mir helfen, wie die Rückseite aussehen soll. Meine Süße ist wohl wie ich - sehr ungeduldig. Mama, können wir den Quilt mit nach London nehmen?, fragte sie mich. Das ist zwar ein wenig ambitioniert, aber es wäre schon schön, wenn der Quilt fertig wäre.

Yesterday  morning I started cutting into my Anna Maria Horner flannels for the triangles for the back.

Gestern früh fing ich an, die Dreiecke für die Rückseite aus den Anna Maria Horner Flannellen zu schneiden.





But we already had an appointment for a tour with our bikes around the Sacrower Lake in the surroundings of Berlin. It is so beautiful there...highly recommendable!!!

Da wir aber schon zu einer Fahrradtour verabredet waren, gings erst mal los ins Umland von Berlin.... Eine tolle Tour um den Sacrower See...empfehlenswert!!!


Back home I was so tired, that I had to make a long long break ;-). Then I remembered the date and my goal for this month: Finishing all letters for this quit and so AMH had to wait and I started sewing in the evening and could link up just in time with the A lovely Year of Finishes - so glad, that I joined you. How would I finish this for London though? LOL

Zu Hause angekommen, war ich dann so platt, dass ich erstmal eine lange Pause einlegen musste ;-). Dann erinnerte ich mich plötzlich an mein Ziel für diesen Monat: Alle Buchstaben für diesen Quilt fertig haben und so mussten die AMH-Stoffe eben warten. Ich konnte gerade in letzter Sekunde meine fertigen Buchstaben mit A lovely Year of Finishes verlinken. Vielen Dank Euch dafür - wie sollte ich sonst den Quilt bis London fertig kriegen? LOL



Today I have a day off from work so I started now the AMH-top. This will be my goal for this month: Finishing this quilt for London. Did I mentioned, that we will be there already one week before the FQ-Retreat? As I said - very ambitious!!!

Heute habe ich dann mit dem AMH-Top angefangen. Das wird dann wohl mein Ziel für diesen Monat: Diesen Quilt für London fertig bekommen: Hab ich schon erwähnt, dass wir eine Woche früher als der FQ-Retreat anreisen? Ich sag ja, sehr ambitioniert!!!




Linking this up with WIP WednesdayA lovely year of finishes and 2013 - Finish-A-Long with Leanne - she can quilt.


And please visit the bloggers of this week of the Let´s get Acquainted Blogger Blog Hop:

Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Amira @ Little Mushroom Cap
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Paula @ The Sassy Quilter
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling


Thank´s for stopping by... / Danke für´s Vorbeischauen...

Aylin...

14 comments:

  1. Die Flanellstoffe hatte ich schon in der Hand, aber irgendwie waren die Farben so Anna-untypisch matt. Klar- Flanell schluckt Farbe, aber so viel?
    In dem Zusammenspiel deiner Dreicke ist das aber eher ein Vorteil, das harmoniert auf´s beste. Und die Haptik von Flanell? Ungeschlagen.
    Du bist zu beneiden!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Och nö, oder? Hat sie´s zu früh gesehen.... Aber wie klasse, das sie so begeistert reagiert hat. Nun mach mal hinne, damit der Quilt noch bis zum Wochenende fertig wird ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those triangles look so pretty! good luck completing all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun how the internet quilters inspire and keep us on track. I think your project will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to discover your blog (a bit early) via the blog hop. Exciting you are off to FQ in London- look forward to reading all about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck!!! Are you taking your family to London before Retreat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that certainly is an ambitious goal! I love those triangles. They look sooooo soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Answer to a No-Reply-Blogger:
      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  9. if anyone could finish it would be you Aylin!! Your projects are fabulous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your finish! Love your pretty triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The triangles are a great idea! I hope you get a lot of time to sew so you can have it finished for London!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your comment!
Dein Kommentar freut mich ungemein!

I will answer every comment via E-Mail. If you are a No-Reply-Blogger it will not work always :)
Ich werde jeden Kommentar via e-mail beantworten! Bei No-Reply Bloggern wird es manchmal schwierig mit dem Antworten :)